Monday, October 29, 2012

Lord Spider


I dedicate this poem to jumping mouse:

http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/TheStoryofJumpingMouse-Unknown.html

--

Title: Lord Spider

--

Once I thought I was a fly,

tangled in the spider’s web.

Tangled so, I could not go,

I knew that I would soon be dead.

 

Struggle as I might that day,

a greater force indeed held sway.

The spider’s silk it held me fast,

With strength, I fought unto the last,

 

The spider feasted and was full,

I did not feel the darkened pull

of nether, instead I found myself,

no longer trapped in spider’s wool

 

Now I am the spider, lurking,

gazing up at eagle, circling,

wondering what I next shall be,

I spin white thread and I am free.

 

The tangled web of silk is mine,

I am the spider looking out,

with sixteen eyes I am divine

I am the spider in the spout.

 

When rushing water breaks my web,

I wash away, drowned and dead,

my soul shall take another house,

I shall become lord jumping mouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment